Prenatal PhysioAlignment - Season 5 (Nov 2 - Nov 23, 2021)
Many changes occur to your body during pregnancy, which may lead to pain and dysfunction, possibly limiting your mobility for labour and/or creating imbalances that persist postnatally.
Join us for this 4-week series where you will learn to connect to your body and learn pregnancy-specific exercises to help keep you moving during pregnancy, prepare for childbirth, and assist with recovery postnatally.
Various topics will be discussed and integrated through movement during this course:
- Postural and bodily changes during pregnancy
- Common symptoms of pregnancy, such as pelvic girdle pain, pelvic floor dysfunctions and Diastasis Recti Abdominus (DRA)
- Pregnancy Myths
- Pregnancy-specific exercises to prepare body for childbirth
- Postpartum care
Recommended Equipment & Alternatives (if joining from home):
- Yoga blocks x2
- Yoga mat
- Yoga tune-up ball or tennis ball (NOT a lacrosse ball)
- Theraband (or something stretchy, such as tights)
- 5-10lbs weight/kettlebell (or something similar in weight, such as a bag of potatoes or detergent bottle)
- Dining room/foldable chair
- Bolster/pillows/wedge as needed
In Clinic Logistics & Infection Control:
- Classes are 60 minutes and limited to 4 participants in person for more individual care and ample physical distancing in studio.
- All equipment is provided when in studio; recommended equipment and alternatives are provided prior to class.
- Masks are required in all areas, and are recommended to be worn during class as well, although it is not required.
- Learn more about our Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
Virtual Attendance: Our summer class session will be hosted virtually only. In order to optimize your online experience and care should you or we need to move online last minute, please understand how this transition to virtual care may work and prepare ahead of time.
If you are still unsure how to set up and prepare for online care, please contact our Wellness Administrators who can take you through a 5-15 minute session to help you troubleshoot any issues.
Online Support & Progress Tracking: All Physio Rehab Classes are supported via our online platform, Embodia. Here you will gain secured access to relevant weekly educational handouts, exercise and movement practices, as well as your outcome questionnaires. We ask that you please complete all questionnaires prior to the start of each class, as well as at two other times after completion of the series. We will email to remind you.
Here, you will also be able to participate in a private group forum where you can ask questions and interact with other participants within your series, as well as the instructor and supervising Physiotherapist.
Billing & Insurance: Classes may be covered by extended health insurance plans under Physiotherapy if you are currently under active care.
If you are not currently under active Physiotherapy care and would like to deduct these classes from private insurance, a Physiotherapy assessment is required prior to the start of class to determine if this class series is an appropriate form of care for you. Please go online at https://bloomintegrrativehealth.janeapp.com or call Bloom Integrative Health to book your appointment.
For all outside patients, please have your referring Physio complete the referral form here: https://bloomintegrativehealth.ca/referring-providers/ . It is up to you and your referring Physiotherapist to ensure all paperwork has been submitted prior to the start of classes. You will be notified by email when we receive the proper paperwork.
Please check with your individual insurance company to determine if these classes will be covered under Physiotherapy.
All classes must be attended live by the participant, whether in person (preferred) or virtually (as needed), in order to qualify for private insurance reimbursement. A receipt will be provided electronically after each class. Missed classes will not be reimbursed and the full class fee will be charged - this may not be covered by insurance.
Please note, a 30 minute re-evaluation after completion of the class by your referring Physiotherapist is also highly recommended.
Course Material included in this course