Season 6 POSTNATAL POWER: Yoga (Jan 19 - Feb 23, 2022)
Postnatal is for life! Recover safely and effectively while taking into account common conditions, healing timelines, and movement pattern reintegration from women’s health experts.
These small group physiotherapy rehab classes aim to restore abdominal wall, pelvic floor, core and whole mind-body resiliency, mobility, stability and strength: to support you day to day, as well as return to fitness and performance.
These classes are designed and safe for:
- all postpartum mama’s, whether 6 weeks or 2 years.
- have any concerns such as diastasis recti, core dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, pelvic girdle pain, low back pain, etc.
While baby is welcome to join, we hope that you will be able to come independently so as to focus on yourself and garner all the benefits of the time you are putting in.
Designed and taught by Andrea Plitz, women’s and pelvic health Physiotherapist and Yoga Teacher, these weekly 1 hour classes will intentionally progress you over 6 weeks to restore optimal movement, control, strength while integrating mindfulness and breath work for daily life as well as athletic or fitness goals.
Recommended Equipment & Alternatives (if joining from home):
- Yoga mat; Carpet, other exercise mat or towel/ blanket
- Dining or folding chair - ideally without arms
- Yoga blocks (2); stack of books, step stool
- Yoga Bolster; sturdy pillow, folded towel or blanket
- Yoga Strap/ Belt; pillow case, waist belt, robe belt
- 12” inflatable ball (Coregeous); other inflatable ball (small-medium size)
- Water bottle
In Clinic Logistics & Infection Control:
Physiotherapist & Yoga Teacher
Course Material included in this course