Pelvic Health Clinical Mentorship - 8 session series - Replay Access
Starting a practice as a new graduate or entering into a new practice area can be a daunting task. Having mentors within your focused clinical field can amplify your practice, increase your hands-on skills, clinical reasoning and confidence.
This 8-month mentorship program is open to all rostered Physiotherapists who work with pelvic health patients. We will focus on expanding perspectives beyond the pelvis, integrating all systems and learning how the entire body can impact pelvic health concerns, while also providing guidance on more direct treatment of the root(s) of clients concerns.
Co-created and taught by Andrea Plitz & Lisa Flanders, this unique mentorship opportunity will allow you to learn with two of the most sought after pelvic health physiotherapists in Ottawa. With a combined 20 years experience within private practice and pelvic health, including pre and postnatal care, as well as applied pelvic health for chronic pain and athletic populations. We will meet as a group for 2 hours, monthly in-person with the option of atteding virtually if necessary.
- College Rostering for Internal Pelvic Assessments and Treatments.
- Ability to join both in person and virtually.
- Pelvis & Thorax Relationship: Friday Januray 29th, 2021, 2-4pm
- Pelvis & Lumbar/Hip/Lower Extremity: Friday February 19th, 2021, 2-4pm
- Diastasis Recti & Real Time Ultrasoud: Friday March 26th, 2021 2-4pm
- Pelvic Pain & Coccydyia: Friday April 30th, 2021 2-4pm
- Pre/Post Natal Considerations/Return to Exercise: Friday May 28th, 2021 2-4pm
- Visceral & Nutritional Considerations: Friday June 25th, 2021 2-4pm
- Exercise Rehab & Abdomial Wall Retrainig: Friday July 23rd, 2021 2-4pm
- Private Practice Building & Treatment Planning/ Case Discussions: Friday August 27th, 2021 2-4pm
Maximum 6 participants.
Investment: $100/ session, $800 +hst, total; prepaid
Payment plans available (deposit of $266.67 required)
Physiotherapist & Yoga Teacher
Course Material included in this course
Pelvis & Thorax Relationship: Friday Januray 29th, 2021, 2-4pm
Pelvis & Lower Extremity Relationship: Friday February 19th, 2021, 2-4pm
Month 1 Handouts + Resources (Thorax & Pelvis)
Short video: Introduction to Diane Lee's Integrated Systems Model
Understanding why the thoracic region is the ‘Cinderella’ region of the spine (2016)
BLOG: Butt-grippers, Back-grippers and Chest-grippers
Julie Wiebe's Piston breath
Month 2 Handouts + Resources (Pelvis & Lower Extremity)
BLOG: SUI and Low Back & Pelvic Pain (Diane Lee)
Running Biomechanics (Physiopedia)
Foot and ankle structure & function (PhysioPedia)
Hip Anatomy (PhysioPedia)
Presentation: Pelvis - Hip/ Knee/ Foot